Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For help finding other books in other genres, grade levels, authors and other areas, you can use TeachingBooks.net through our list of A-Z Databases. Many of the titles listed can be found in our collection by searching the WarriorCat tab on the library page.
How to Search
Multicultural Books – When we talk about Multicultural books, we are talking about books that tell a story from a culture that is not our own or that is from our First or Native Nation. In its broadest sense, this can be about people of color to include African/African American, American Indian, Asian Pacific/Asian Pacific American and Latino. It may be that books about various religious cultures can be included in this category, such as Jewish and Muslim. Terms you can try to look up these books are “holidays”, “culture”, “Immigrants”, and “bilingual”, as well as words like “African”, “Asian”, and “Latino”.
TAMUCT Multicultural Books for Children
- Chang's paper pony / by Eleanor Coerr ; pictures by Deborah Kogan Ray. PZ 7 C6567 CH 1988 Children
- Juna's jar / by Jane Bahk ; illustrated by Felicia Hoshino. PZ 7 .B14225 Jun 2015 Children
- Emmanuel's dream : the true story of Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah / by Laurie Ann Thompson ; illustrated by Sean Qualls. HV 3013 .Y43 T56 2015 Children
- In the footsteps of Crazy Horse / by Joseph Marshall III ; illustrations by Jim Yellowhawk. PZ 7 .M356723 In 2015 Children
- My pal, Victor / written by Diane Gonzales ; illustrated by Robert L. Sweetland. PZ 7 .B46352 My 2010 Children
- Brave new girl / Catherine Johnson. PZ 7 J631 Bra 2011 Children
- Viva Frida / Yuyi Morales ND 259 .K33 M66 2014 Children
- The girl who helped thunder and other Native American Folktales / retold by James and Joseph Bruchac E 98.F6 B8915 2007 Children
, Educational Leadership
, Elementary Education
, Language and Literature
, Secondary Education
, Texas History
, United States History