Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Warrior Hall University Library
Regular Semester Hours (starting Fall 2021)
EWCHEC Library Extension
Start-Up Procedure for Laptops on the Mediascape
- Turn on the TV by pressing the red power button in the upper left-hand corner of the remote sitting by the Mediascape.
- Press the power button (a circle with a line drawn through it) on the white Mediascape console box. It will turn green.
- Power up your laptop.
- Find the HDMI cable, which will be attached to the circular "puck" connected to the Mediascape. The puck is stored under the metal lids in the Mediascape console box.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your laptop. If the cable will not fit in your HDMI port, check out an HDMI adaptor at the library circulation desk.
- Once the "puck" is connected, the number assigned to your HDMI port will light up in white. Press this number. The number on the "puck" should turn green, and your computer screen should appear on the Mediascape.
- Sign into your laptop. You can use these instructions to connect 1-4 laptops.
- Proceed with your presentation or project.
- To switch between laptops, press the number on the "puck" that is attached to the laptop you wish to view. The number for the laptop that is currently displayed will turn green, and the numbers for the other connected laptops will turn white.
Remember, there is a 4-Hour limit on laptop checkouts. If it is not renewed before four hours are up, you will be assessed an initial fee of $5.00 as well as a fee of $5.00 for each additional hour.
Shut Down Procedures for Mediascape for Laptops
- Shut down your laptop.
- Push the lighted "off" button on the “puck” to finish displaying the laptop screen.
- Squeeze the button on the HDMI adaptor to disconnect it from your laptop.
- Place the “puck” back in the white Mediascape console box.
- Place the red and black button in the upper left hand corner of the remote to turn off the TV.
- If you checked out equipment, return the laptop and any accessories to the circulation desk.
Questions or Concerns? Please contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or (254) 519-5798.