The A&M-Central Texas University Library & Archives are committed to providing access to our library resources for all our users, regardless of disability. We strive to be welcoming and user friendly for all our students, faculty, staff, and community members. We endeavor to meet level AA of W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 and comply with section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act.
If you encounter any accessibility issues, email the Library. Please describe the issue that you are experiencing with the page, provide the relevant URL, and your contact email or phone number.
- We request an Accessibility Conformance Report (ACR) from our database vendors before purchasing new resources and aim to acquire resources that are WCAG 2.1 AA compliant. We work closely with vendors to address accessibility issues.
- Most of our streaming films offer closed captioning.
- All our PDF format E-Reserves that do not offer accessibility features have OCR (Optical Character Recognition) applied and have also passed an Adobe Accessibility check.
- NVDA, a free software that allows blind and vision-impaired people to access and interact with Windows and other third-party applications, is installed on two of our computers.
- Power-assisted doors are available at front and back entrances of Warrior Hall where the University Library is located, and front entrance of Heritage Hall where our Archives facility is located.
- University Library & Archives facilities are wheelchair accessible.
- Study rooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Second floor of the University Library is a designated quiet study space.
- Book stack aisles and designated student desks are wheelchair accessible.
- Our circulation staff will assist in retrieving items from our stacks.
- We offer disposable headphones.
- Adjustable standing desk converters are located on the first and second floor.
- We can mail items to faculty, students, and staff that are located more than 50 miles away from 1001 Leadership Place, Killeen, Texas.
- The following are available for checkout:
- Headphones with a microphone
- Hands-free full-page magnifier
- LED-lighted full-page magnifier
- Wheelchair available for emergencies.
- Our librarians offer reference and instructional services in person, chat, email, or Teams video.