Texas A&M University-Central Texas University Library provides specialized services for students, including:
- Copy Center Services: In addition to books and other resources, the library offers lamination and self-service copying for a small service charge and free scanning and die cut usage. We are one of the most affordable copy services around!
- E-Reserves: Many courses require students to use materials that have been put on reserve by faculty members. These items are hosted by the library through our e-reserve system.
- Interlibrary Loan: With the wealth of research available, there are bound to be items you need that our library doesn't own. You can request these items from other libraries using interlibrary loan. Give us about a week to fulfill your requests!
- Item Delivery: The library can mail items to your house. To request this service, contact the library.
- Library Tutorials: The library has tutorials about many different topics that students can take to help develop their research and information literacy skills. These tutorials include task-based guidance about things like placing an interlibrary loan request, and concept-based courses about digital literacy and information literacy. We even have a fun introduction to the library, called The Amazing Library Race!
- Printing: Students can print from our lab computers in the library using the university's WEPA service. Each student gets a $45 print allocation each semester, to help defray the cost of printing. Black and white printing costs $0.09 per sheet for one-sided printing, and $0.15 per sheet for double-sided printing. Color printing costs $0.35 per sheet for one-sided printing, and $0.60 per sheet for double-sided printing.
- Research Assistance: Need research help? Make an appointment with a librarian, email us, call us, or ask us a question on our 24x7 virtual chat.
- Research and Subject Guides: The library has many guides to help guide your research. These focus on different academic subjects to help focus the advice they give.
- Study Rooms: The library has 9 study rooms. The 4 rooms on the first floor can be reserved ahead of time through our "book-a-space" widget. These rooms vary in size, with the largest (study room D) able to hold 6 people. There are also 5 rooms one second floor that are available on a first-come, first-served basis. For groups that need more space, or are larger than 6 people, the library has a classroom that students can also reserve through the widget.
- Technology: The library has video and audio recording kits for students to check out, as well as digital voice recorders and Livescribe pens. The library also has laptops that can be checked out for in-library use, and a limited number that can leave the library with special permission from the assistant dean.
- Textbooks: The library has one copy of each textbook used in an A&M-Central Texas class. Students can check these resources out for 4 hours, in-library use.
- Thesis Office: The Thesis Office was created to provide assistance for students who are writing a graduate thesis. This office can provide you with our thesis manual, template, and checklist, and help you get in contact with a librarian who can assist your throughout the writing process. Once a thesis is complete, this office makes sure it is formatted correctly and helps students submit it for publication.
- University Writing Center: Students who struggle with writing can get assistance for the University Writing Center. The writing center offers online appointments for students who need assistance.
Questions or concern about any of these services? Contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.