Texas A&M University-Central Texas University Library provides specialized services for community users, including:
- Alumni Card: Members of the A&M-Central Texas Alumni Foundation, including legacy alumni, can get a card from this office that will allow them to check out physical items from the library. Please note that this card does not entitle community users to off-campus database access.
- Children's and Young Adult Collection: The library has a robust children and young adult collection in support of our education programs. Users with TexShare, Alumni, or WarriorConnect cards can check out items from these collections.
- Computer Access: Guest users who are over the age of 18 can get access to selected library computers. To get a temporary username and password to access the library's computers, patrons must present a photo ID that confirms their date of birth.
- Copy Center Services: In addition to books and other resources, the library offers lamination, die cuts, and copying for a small service charge. We are one of the most affordable copy services around!
- Database Access: Though community users cannot gain access to the university's licensed database content from off campus, anyone logged into the university's network can access the library's databases from on campus.
- Educational Programming: The library offers a number of educational programs for a variety of age levels, from children to adults. Groups, including school classes, home schools groups, or community interest groups can request programming from the library.
- Educational Resource Collection: The library has a large collection of educational resource items. Users with TexShare, Alumni, or WarriorConnect cards can check out items from these collections.
- Grade 1-5 Tutoring: The library offers tutoring in math and reading for kids in grades 1-5.
- Printing: Community users can print from our lab computers in the library using the university's WEPA service. Community members can pay with a credit card at the WEPA print station or purchase a print card with cash from a kiosk in the library. Black and white printing costs $0.09 per sheet for one-sided printing, and $0.15 per sheet for double-sided printing. Color printing costs $0.35 per sheet for one-sided printing, and $0.60 per sheet for double-sided printing.
- Research Assistance: Need research help? Make an appointment with a librarian, email us, call us, or ask us a question on our 24x7 virtual chat.
- Study Rooms: The library has 9 study rooms. The 4 rooms on the first floor can be reserved ahead of time through our "book-a-space" widget. These rooms vary in size, with the largest (study room D) able to hold 6 people. There are also 5 rooms one second floor that are available on a first-come, first-served basis. For groups that need more space, or are larger than 6 people, the library has a classroom that students can also reserve through the widget.
- Kids and Young Adult Summer Programs: The library offers a variety of summer programs for kids in the local community. The roster of programs we offer in a given summer is subject to change, but usually includes both STEM and literacy camps.
- TexShare: Community users with borrowing privileges at local libraries that participate in TexShare may be eligible to receive a TexShare card, which allows them to check out items from our library. Check with your local library for more information.
- Warrior Kids: The library offers a variety of programs for children and young adults in our local community, including tutoring and summer programs.
- WarriorConnect: Community users with borrowing privileges at the Killeen City Library System may be eligible to receive a TexShare card, which allows them to check out items from our library. Check with your local library for more information.
Questions or concern about any of these services? Contact the library at email@example.com.